Stalker Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebirth of #005

2 posters

Go down

Rebirth of #005 Empty Rebirth of #005

Post by pwhittle Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:36 am

After 10 hard years and over 40,000 miles on Chassis #005, my car was well loved and well used. Following an unfortunate off course experience at the Dragon Hill Climb that ended up with an impact to a guardrail at 65-70 MPH, the car needed major work. Front and rear sub-frames, a new hood and rear body panel as well as assorted other items were needed.

I contacted Scott Minehart and he put together a plan that would start with us meeting him halfway in Moultrie, GA with the car and have it ready for pickup 4-5 weeks later. Two weeks later, I was asked by a client to meet with them in St Petersburg a week later and I called Scott to see if we could stop by to check on the progress. Scott thought he could push and get the car ready for us to take back with us, and the push was on!

True to his word, Scott managed to complete the frame repairs, source the needed parts, build the fiberglass parts, fit the bodywork, get the bodywork painted, and fit and align the suspension in just 3 short weeks.

Once I got it home, I did some of the finish work that I asked Scott to leave for me, and yesterday, Barb and I took it for the first drive!

I still have a few more things to do, but we love the new look and freshness of the car.

Bravo Scott! You do excellent work, and we are thrilled with the car and everything you did on it!

Paul

Rebirth of #005 Image110
Rebirth of #005 Image210

pwhittle

Back to top Go down

Rebirth of #005 Empty Re: Rebirth of #005

Post by NTN66 Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Car looks great, Paul! Glad to hear both of you are ok!

Ned

NTN66

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum