Stalker Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tire choice

2 posters

Go down

Tire choice Empty Tire choice

Post by Gbolt122 Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:35 am

Guys,

I am looking for advice on a tire choice for my Super stalker.  I drive it on the road only, general touring, cars and coffee, and Saturday cruise type of driving.  I've read good things about both the Toyo R888 and the RA1, any experience you can share with either tire would be appreciated.  I started with Azenia's and after the first 3-4K they seemed very slippery.

Reviews on the RA1 say they are very consistent through their life, others swear by the R888.  Looking for advise, thanks.

Glenn

Gbolt122

Back to top Go down

Tire choice Empty Re: Tire choice

Post by comled Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Glenn,

My planned driving for #27 is about the same as yours, pretty much exclusively as a road car. I talked to Scott last year and he was adamant that the R888's were the best option. I can't help thinking they're a bit much for a road tire, plus I guess they won't have very much road life in them.  I was thinking about Toyo T1R's for my build but I still have to do more research. Bear in mind that I have no actual miles on any tires my Stalker so this is just speculation.

-Dave
comled
comled

http://comley.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Gbolt122 Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:51 pm

Scott has always had good advise, that's the answer I needed. Thank you.

Gbolt122

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum