Stalker Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stalker Tilting Trailer

3 posters

Go down

Stalker Tilting Trailer Empty Stalker Tilting Trailer

Post by XL22 Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:48 pm

And this is why the Stalker tilting trailer is so wicked awesome!  With the supplied custom hitch that mounts to the wall & floor of the garage, it fits in our two-car garage!

Stalker Tilting Trailer Main.php?g2_view=core

XL22

Back to top Go down

Stalker Tilting Trailer Empty Re: Stalker Tilting Trailer

Post by stalkerboy Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:44 pm

XL22...can you post some specific pictures of the hitch setup that secures to the wall and floor...thanks!

stalkerboy

Back to top Go down

Post by XL22 Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:26 am

stalkerboy wrote:XL22...can you post some specific pictures of the hitch setup that secures to the wall and floor...thanks!

Absolutely:

I used (qty 4) 5/16" lag bolts (3" long) to attach the 2x8 to the wall studs, then (qty 2) 1/2" lag bolts (1" long) to attach the hitch flange to the 2x8.
The hitch base is mounted using 1/2" coarse bolts (1" long) into some concrete anchors, seen in the next photo.

Here are the concrete anchors I used.  Found 'em at the local HW store.  Drilling was easy with a regular 1/2" drill (I didn't use a hammer drill) and a masonry bit; took about 5 minutes per hole.  You'll also want a shop vac or little bike pump w/needle to empty the hole of concrete dust.  Drill a 5/8" hole about 2-1/4 deep, drop the anchor in and use the setting tool & a hammer to drive the plunger which expands the base of the insert, locking it in place.

XL22

Back to top Go down

Post by XL22 Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:27 pm

Passing on some info from Stalker HQ:

The wheels that came with my trailer are Bassett 57RF375 (~$55 on Summit), 15x7, 3.75" backspace, 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

Tires are Saffiro SF 3000 in a 215/75 R15

I bought a spare wheel & tire and will use a u-shaped spare tire carrier, Fulton ETC 0101. For grins, I bought a spare tire nut lock, Master Lock 262DAT. Will be installing them tonight, so I'll report back if something doesn't work.

XL22

Back to top Go down

Post by XL22 Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:48 am

The trailer is still working well for me.  In fact, having the car on the trailer in the garage is a huge time saver for doing track inspections, oil changes, and anything else that would normally require jack stands.  I also feel much safer under the trailer vs being under jack stands.

I've been trying to come up with a way to lift the car up while it's still on the trailer, and I think it can be done with some really tall jack stands (like ones made for off-road vehicles).  However, I think tire removal (removing all 4 at once) will require the car to be removed from the trailer since the outside rails of the trailer don't allow enough room to pull the tire off.  Maybe if I need to just remove the front or rear tires, I could roll the car all the way forward or all the backward so that the tires clear the side rails of the trailer.

XL22

Back to top Go down

Post by JDH2550 Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Awesome! Now I know where I can put my trailer... :-)

JDH2550

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down