Stalker Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M-spec questions

2 posters

Go down

M-spec questions Empty M-spec questions

Post by Aussiebrown Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:19 am

Hi,

New to the kit car scene. I'm from Australia, so before I go ahead (hopefully this year). I was wondering if anyone has done a torsion rigidity test? needs to be 6000nm to pass here, and a decibel reading on a LS3 V8 (standing still reading)? needs to be 90db or less. I'm sure there will be more questions to follow but will start with these two.

Thanks in advanced.

Aussiebrown

Back to top Go down

M-spec questions Empty Re: M-spec questions

Post by jtmineha Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 am

I don't know if anyone's done a torsion rigidity test. Is there specific test procedure they are looking for? I imagine there is more than one way to measure torsion rigidity of a chassis.
Same for the sound. Are they looking for sound at idle? Measuring from what distance?

At SCCA autocross we are typically limited to 100dbs at 60 ft, usually at a point on the course where you are wide open throttle. And I haven't had any issues (typically read 92-96Db's in these wide open throttle sections). The LS motors are not too hard to keep quite at idle. The guys that track them at places like Laguna Seca usually have the most restrictive sound, but they are able to get it to pass. I use the side pipes with a resonator (I forget the model) after the header collector, and cap it off with Supertrapp plates (26 plates per side). The Stalker standard side pipes with the catalytic converters welded in are quieter than the Supertrapp setup.
jtmineha
jtmineha

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussiebrown Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks for the response jtmineha. I am still in the early stages so I have only read what some of the requirements are for road registering here, so finer details of the tests are not known, I would assume for sound it would be at idle though. That's good to know that the standard pipes are quieter.

Thanks again.

Aussiebrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down