Lets get some weight and performance numbers out there!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets get some weight and performance numbers out there!

Post by subtlez28 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:53 pm

I'm not 100% finished with my car yet (M-spec #007), but have been racing it since last fall.  I don't have it all the way sorted yet but am very happy with its performance.  I really want to hear numbers from other owners.  These are impressive little cars!!

I don't have my rear body work, lights or front fenders mounted yet.  But I did mock up my rear body work when I scaled it.

ROAD COURSE
It is hard to compare road course times I since we are scattered out throughout the country (and some outside the country I'm sure).  But at my home track, Blackhawk Farms Raceway I have set fast time of day at the last two events!  I race a format called High Speed Auto Cross (HSAX).  This is a full track run, from a standing start, no cones.

My first time out (09/14) I ran a best time of 1:19.760.  That is pretty quick, especially for a first event.  For reference the fast time I ever ran with my old 02 Z28 was a 1:25.809 (a then class record on street tires).  The current track record was set that day by a 1,000 HP, tuned GTR at 1:14.

I came back after a tire and brake change this season and have set FTD at both events running a 1:19.062 at the first event and a 1:17.321 at the next!  I think with some aero, seat time and stickier tires that GTR's record may fall! Again, for reference the 2nd fastest car at my recent event was brand new Z28 (GM's new track toy) and it ran a 1:20.xxx. Man was it fun passing him and Z06 Corvettes in the HPDE that weekend!

1/4 MILE DRAG STRIP
I know these cars are not set  up to be drag racers, but with the power to weight I knew it would be fun.

In 2014 I ran at a cold autumn open track night.  Tires spinning well past 1/2 track I ran a best of:
12.336 @123.84 mph!  Not bad, but due to some issues I was not able to do a burn out, and the road race tires were not ideal.  My 60' was 2.261...

This year I went back, still on my vintage road race 25.5x10.0x15 Hoosier bias plies, but this time I had a warmer track and did a good burn out.  Best run was:
11.429 @124.01  The big difference was the more respectable 1.815 60'.

I have some drag radials coming.  I'm hoping to be in the 10's next time around.

WEIGHT
A racer friend let me borrow his scales this week.  My car is a M-spec w the classic hood, an LS3, and T-56.  I'm a little heavy though with the 15x10 steel race wheels.
1711 pounds with fluids (not quite full gas tank).
Empty it has a 50.5/49.5 front/rear balance.
With me in the car it weighs 1894 with a 47.7/52.3 weight balance.

0-60 Time
I haven't had a chance to capture that number, but I am eager to see what you other owners are finding.  I'm guessing it will be quite impressive when I get the drag radials.

Lets hear some more numbers!  I would also be interested in some top speed and lateral G numbers if anyone has recorded them.  Heck, how about miles per gallon even! I like reading about new car performance tests. But, I'm even more interested in what our group of cars are capable of!

subtlez28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets get some weight and performance numbers out there!

Post by XL22 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 am

M-Spec XL #22 weighs in at 1840 lbs (no driver, 1/3 full gas tank).

My weight-adding options:

• T-bar style cage with side bars
  • Harness bars for both driver & passenger
  • Mechanical parking brake lever, calipers, and associated bracketry
  • Hard top
  • Vordoven Forme 9 wheels (18x9.5 front, 18x10.5 rear) with R888 tires (255/35 front & 315/30 rear)
  • Both seats have steel sliders

I don't have any 0-60 times

Will add a dyno to this post later

XL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jtmineha on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:50 am

My AXR is weighing in about the same as your cars.
With the 13"x10"/13x14" slicks (autocross trim) it is about 1700#. Our minimum weight for EM is 1850 with driver, and I typically weigh in around 1870#. Honestly, autocross performance doesn't seem to mind a little weight- I've run my FTD's with a passenger a couple of times.
My street wheels the 17x9 and 17x10.5 Mustang FR500 wheels with Toyo 888s bump the weight up about a 100# to get closer to 1800#.

I haven't done any drag racing or 0-60 times, but I did get 60' times at the ProSolo events. I was able to consistently pull 2.0's and 1.9's with the Autocross tires. Still probably not as good as a real drag race tire though. This was launching in 2nd gear (T-56 magnum transmission and stock LS1 GTO engine), as 1st gear just spins the tires.
jtmineha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by subtlez28 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:36 am

I have some new #s to add.

With the Drag Radials I have run a best of 11.040 @125.

My 0-60 is 3.03.

I hope to improve both numbers in the spring with more grip! Tire spin is still an issue. Still, quicker than a C7 Z06 Corvette with a pro driver... So, I'm happy.

subtlez28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Degulis on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:00 pm

M spec with LS3 2:22.22 at Sebring with NASA last weekend. The car has more to give I just have to find it.

Brian

Brian Degulis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top