2016 Ambush

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2016 Ambush

Post by pwhittle on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:03 am

Every couple of years Barb and I go back to Australia, and 2016 is one of those years. While the primary purpose of the trip is to visit with family and friends, this year we are taking in two sporting events that were an important part of my growing up that I have watched many times on TV, but have never attended live.

The first is the Australian Rules Football Grand Final. www.afl.com.au This is the Australia equivalent of the SuperBowl and is held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground with a crowd of 100K people. Quite an event!

The second is the Bathurst 1000. http://www.v8supercars.com.au/bathurst1000/ Picture a gaggle of fiercly competitive high performance 4-door sedans racing door handle to door handle up, across, and down a 6.213km mountain public road street course 161 times for a total of 1000 Kilometers, or 621 miles. Incredible race!

These events are on the first two successive weekends in October this year. Our schedule is to leave mid September and return mid October. We are still both working and it is not possible for us to take another week off around that time.

I can think of three possibilities:

1 Have the Ambush at the same time at the same location. River Vista was by far the best location we have been at. The roads are great and enough people have been to the area enough times that they know what roads and local attraction to take in. All we need to do is get with them and agree on a week where they can accommodate us.

2 Schedule the Ambush in May or June. We also have a choice of whether to hold it at River Vista or try a new location. If we do use another location, we and others need somewhere that can accommodate RV's and has some cabins, but it must have decent internet available as we and others have to stay in touch and do some work.

3 Skip 2016 and pick it up again in 2017.

Barb and I are fine with all three options.

What does the group think?

Paul

pwhittle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2016 Ambush

Post by XL22 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 pm

I like 1 or 2

XL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bober on Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:09 pm

I prefer 1 or 2 if possible!

Bob Berube

bober

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NTN66 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 pm

#2 works best for us this year. Thanks Paul & Barb for being such great hosts!

Ned

NTN66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top