Stalker Cars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help swapping out 3.4 for 3.8 supercharged

2 posters

Go down

Help swapping out 3.4 for 3.8 supercharged Empty Help swapping out 3.4 for 3.8 supercharged

Post by Stalker66 Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Hey guys,

Hoping to get some some info on doing the swap. I've owned my Classic stalker for just over a year and it's clear I need more power! Found a well running 1997 Grand Prix GTP with the L67 supercharged engine. Has 190,000kms with no leaks etc. This will be the donor car.

Few preliminary questions I have,

- Will I need new engine mounts? Can I get these from Brunton?
- New exhaust manifolds? Or can the 3.4's be modified to fit
- Will this block match up with my current GM 5 speed transmission on my 3.4L or is there another recommended tranny? The current rear end has 3.73 gears with an Auburn Limited slip
- Should I replace anything on the L67 prior to installing? water pump? head gasket? etc.
- Any known headaches with install I should be prepared for?
- Where do most of the guys with 3.8 or LS put the battery? In passenger foot well or mini battery in rear beside fuel tank?

Any suggestions and advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Brandan
Classic Stalker #66

Stalker66
Stalker66

Back to top Go down

Help swapping out 3.4 for 3.8 supercharged Empty HELP SWAPPING OUT 3.4 FOR 3.8 SUPERCHARGED

Post by GMinehart Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:43 am

Brandan,

You will need a few more items to make the swap.

Headers and mufflers,
Engine Wiring harness and ECU with custom flash
World Class T-5 transmission from 98-2002 Camaro/Firebird V6 (3800)
Bell Housing from 94-95 S-10 2.2 liter manual transmission
High pressure Fuel pump for EFI
Miscellaneous hoses, belts, etc.

If the engine is in good condition, I recommend you leave it alone. Perhaps replacing the main seal crank seals. They are inexpensive and quite simple to replace. Superchargers are the main wear item. If you are fortunate enough to be able to locate one from a low mileage L32, it will give you some more pep. The superchargers are rebuildable, although I don't know of anyone who has done it. I think there is at least one special tool required. It would probably be best to have it done professionally when it is needed.

Email us directly or call for more information.

Glen.bruntonauto@gmail.com
Scott.bruntonauto@gmail.com

Glen
386-931-6435

GMinehart

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum