Insurance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insurance?

Post by XL22 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:48 am

What companies are you guys using?

Here's who I know about?  Any favorites, ones to avoid, or additional ones to consider?

(In no particular order)
Grundy
Hagerty
J.C. Taylor
Heacock Classic
American Collectors
Classic Car Insurance, aka Northeast Classic Auto Insurance

XL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Insurance?

Post by GMinehart on Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I get my insurance from, and wholeheartedly recommend, Hagerty. All experiences with their people on the phones have been pleasant, and efficient. I find their rates acceptable. Before finding Hagerty, I tried applying at Grundy. They rejected me because I was a member of SCCA. They apparently don't want true "car guys".

GMinehart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JimGunther22 on Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:17 pm

I'll offer another vote for Hagerty. Nice people - no hassles. Price seemed good. Agreed value too.
Car off the road for over, so, not currently insured. They told me it would be no problem to re-instate.

JimGunther22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XL22 on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:40 am

I ended up with Classic Car Insurance, aka Northeast Classic Auto Insurance, which is underwritten by American Modern Home Insurance Company.  $344/yr for $45k stated value, 3000 mile plan, with $500 deductible.  Coverage matches our daily driver coverage.  Clean driving record.

When I called each of the companies on the above list (with exception of American Collectors for no other reason than I stopped calling around after I got the quote back from Classic Car Insurance), quotes were either $550 or $1000 per year for similar coverage, and most weren't willing to budge much on the deductible.  Grundy was willing to reduce their premium by a whole $20/yr if I went from $0 to a $500 deductible, which makes little sense to me.

XL22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum